Flowing across the dance floor with your partner, family, and friends will be such a highlight within your wedding reception. Music is what will set the atmosphere for your big day, as well as provide entertainment. While some may think that music is just music, there is a lot more that should go into its planning when it comes to an event as special as a wedding.Read More
Filtering by Tag: Weddings
With all of the effort that goes into planning a wedding, the last thing you need to do is add on any stress when hiring vendors. However, you should realize that hiring a DJ is actually easy!
With all the misconceptions floating around about how difficult it is to hire a DJ, we want to put your mind at ease. A DJ is essential to your wedding entertainment, so the last thing you should do is stress.
Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we understand the importance of entertainment within your wedding. That’s why we have put together a few aspects allowing you to see that hiring a DJ is actually easy, so be sure to continue reading to learn more:
- Ensure there are no terrible reviews. Of course we are not recommending that you make your decision solely based upon one terrible review, or that your potential DJ has something to hide. However, it’s definitely important to take into consideration a truly bad review. Whether it be about how they conduct themselves at an event, or how shady they were when the bill came due, these are possibilities that you need to be aware of. The last thing you want to do is go into a business deal blind.
- Quality equipment. You can tell a lot about a person based on the way they take care of their belongings. The same logic can be applied to your DJ. If they have quality equipment, that tells you they are serious about their work and providing excellent service.
- Opinions on your master list. Surely you are dealing with more than one event professional, from catering to decorating. You can ask your trusted professionals to look over your master list of potential DJs. Chances are that they have worked with at least one of the DJs on your list and will be able to provide some insight on how they work. Don’t let this be your deciding factor, as word of mouth can only go so far and everyone’s opinions differ, including your own.
Your event can be greatly enhanced by a DJ, with their outgoing personality, great music, and ability to keep the crowd upbeat. Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we want to help make your wedding unforgettable. If you are still in search of a DJ in Lake Tahoe, be sure to contact us today.
AUTHOR: Marketing Marriage
Your wedding is a day to celebrate the passion and love that you and your partner share. You will ensure that you look your absolute best, make your way down the aisle, and vow to love your partner in sickness and in health. After you share your first kiss as a married couple, it is time to make your way to the reception where you will celebrate with your first dance together.
As you look for inspiration for your first dance, surely you will see many couples following the trend of making a show of it. With more and more examples pointing in that direction, it starts to seem more likely that your guests will be expecting a big dance display as well. Whether this is true or not, this is still your opportunity to make your first dance unique to you and your partner.
Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we want you to have the absolute best first dance possible with your new spouse. That is why we have gathered a few ways for you both to create a special first dance for your big day, so if you are curious to learn how, be sure to continue reading:
- Your moves. Whether you are the type of person to own the dance floor, or the wall flower who has never really been the best at dancing, this is still your time to shine. As a natural dancer, you can show off your moves on the dance floor, and maybe even surprise your partner as you start practicing for your shining moment. If you are not as good as you would like to be, there is a reason you have time to practice your moves. Practice is strongly encouraged, no matter your dancing skill. You would not want to make your way to the dance floor and then not be prepared, in front of all your guests.
- Rhythm. As you start planning your first dance, you may have a few song ideas in mind. Your chosen song will determine a lot about your first dance. If you do not have specific song in mind, it is time to start thinking about your absolute favorite love songs. Not every love song is perfect for a first dance, as it truly comes down to the lyrics and the rhythm. Would you rather a slower flowing song, where you and your partner can embrace each other as your feet sweep across the floor. Or, would a faster tempo better suit your style? Just be sure to choose whatever is most comfortable for you.
- Set the mood. When you start sorting out the specifics of your first dance, it is important to consider what mood you would like to set. What do you want your guests to feel as they watch you and your new spouse dance together as a newlywed couple? You can use special effects, such as uplighting, to create the perfect mood for your dance. You can evoke feelings of passion and true love from your guests, just with these effects. This will allow your guests to feel powerful emotions, rather than just enjoy watching you and your new spouse dance.
From fairytales to romantic novels, each dreamy waltz is special to those dancing. Creating your first dance together, to be exclusive to just you, allows that moment to be special. Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we offer quality DJ services, perfect for your first dance. If you are ready to start planning your Lake Tahoe wedding entertainment, be sure to contact us today.
AUTHOR: Marketing Marriage
Photo Source: flickr.com - Valerie Hinojosa