Dancing is such a vital form of entertainment for any wedding. Your guests will come for your nuptials, of course. However, they will certainly be looking forward to the fun experiences that they will encounter during your reception. While the bouquet toss and cake cutting ceremony are well anticipated, you can expect that dancing will certainly be a crowd pleaser, especially your first dance.Read More
Filtering by Tag: First Dance
How do you envision your first dance as newlyweds? Will you be choosing a modern song? Maybe something a little more upbeat? Or, will you choose an instrumental sound? No matter your choice, know that this is your time to shine out on the dance floor!
However, if you are a couple who appreciates some classic tunes, you may be at a loss of some songs that would be perfect for your first dance.
Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we understand that music is what makes moments within a wedding reception so much better, such as your first dance. That’s why we have gathered some classic first dance songs to assist in inspiring your choice. If you are interested in learning what these songs are, be sure to continue reading for some great insight:
- Can’t Help Falling in Love. If there is one thing that your wedding represents, it’s love! There is nothing more romantic than two people who have fallen in love, and committed themselves to one another. Therefore, Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley would certainly be a grand choice for such an intimate dance within your wedding reception.
- At Last. If you feel as though, at last, your lonely days are over, and your life is like a song, then At Last by Etta James couldn’t be a more appropriate song choice for your first dance. This song certainly reflects that you are so happy to have met your partner, and look forward to your future growing together.
- Fly Me to the Moon. Sometimes, the emotion of love can feel out of this world. If you feel as though you are soaring through the clouds, flying to the moon, because of the love and happiness that your partner provides you with, then choose Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra for your first dance. This classic song depicts love in the most unique way.
If you have yet to choose a classic song for your first dance, consider one of these wonderful options! In addition, if you are still seeking a Lake Tahoe wedding DJ, please feel free to contact us here at DJ Brock Weddings. We look forward to the opportunity to provide your Lake Tahoe wedding music.
Your first dance should represent nothing but romance! After all, this is such a loving day for you and your partner. With many songs choices available to choose form, you will certainly not be at a loss for inspiration. However, if romance is what you seek, you will want to ensure that the right song is chosen for this special moment.Read More
Your wedding is a day to celebrate the passion and love that you and your partner share. You will ensure that you look your absolute best, make your way down the aisle, and vow to love your partner in sickness and in health. After you share your first kiss as a married couple, it is time to make your way to the reception where you will celebrate with your first dance together.
As you look for inspiration for your first dance, surely you will see many couples following the trend of making a show of it. With more and more examples pointing in that direction, it starts to seem more likely that your guests will be expecting a big dance display as well. Whether this is true or not, this is still your opportunity to make your first dance unique to you and your partner.
Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we want you to have the absolute best first dance possible with your new spouse. That is why we have gathered a few ways for you both to create a special first dance for your big day, so if you are curious to learn how, be sure to continue reading:
- Your moves. Whether you are the type of person to own the dance floor, or the wall flower who has never really been the best at dancing, this is still your time to shine. As a natural dancer, you can show off your moves on the dance floor, and maybe even surprise your partner as you start practicing for your shining moment. If you are not as good as you would like to be, there is a reason you have time to practice your moves. Practice is strongly encouraged, no matter your dancing skill. You would not want to make your way to the dance floor and then not be prepared, in front of all your guests.
- Rhythm. As you start planning your first dance, you may have a few song ideas in mind. Your chosen song will determine a lot about your first dance. If you do not have specific song in mind, it is time to start thinking about your absolute favorite love songs. Not every love song is perfect for a first dance, as it truly comes down to the lyrics and the rhythm. Would you rather a slower flowing song, where you and your partner can embrace each other as your feet sweep across the floor. Or, would a faster tempo better suit your style? Just be sure to choose whatever is most comfortable for you.
- Set the mood. When you start sorting out the specifics of your first dance, it is important to consider what mood you would like to set. What do you want your guests to feel as they watch you and your new spouse dance together as a newlywed couple? You can use special effects, such as uplighting, to create the perfect mood for your dance. You can evoke feelings of passion and true love from your guests, just with these effects. This will allow your guests to feel powerful emotions, rather than just enjoy watching you and your new spouse dance.
From fairytales to romantic novels, each dreamy waltz is special to those dancing. Creating your first dance together, to be exclusive to just you, allows that moment to be special. Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we offer quality DJ services, perfect for your first dance. If you are ready to start planning your Lake Tahoe wedding entertainment, be sure to contact us today.
AUTHOR: Marketing Marriage
Photo Source: flickr.com - Valerie Hinojosa