Planning Tips for Your First Dance
Can you imagine all of the precious firsts that you will experience on your big day, from your first kiss as a married couple to your first dance? These are truly special moments that you will surely want to be flawless! Have you thought about how your first dance will go?
There are actually details that you can plan to ensure that it goes as wonderfully as you had imagined it! All it takes is a little proper planning.
Here at DJ Brock Weddings, we love seeing a newlywed couple share an unforgettable first dance! So, we wanted to share a few planning tips for your own first dance. To gain some helpful insight, be sure to continue reading:
- Know Your Stage. Your first dance will essentially take place on a stage, or your wedding dance floor. Can you really dance your perfect dance if you don’t know your stage? Take time to get to know your dance floor before you begin choreographing it. This way, you know how much space you have to work with.
- Choose a Song. The song you choose is a crucial part to planning your first dance. It will set the pace and mood of your performance. Also, it should be a meaningful song for you and your partner and speak to the relationship that you share. When choosing yours, ensure that it showcases a danceable tempo.
- The Never-Ending Dance. If you were to attend a wedding, would you want to stand around a dance floor and watch the newlywed couple dance for quite a long time? Probably not, and your guests think the same. Don’t let your dance drag on! Ideally, a first dance should be approximately two minutes long.
- A Lesson in Dance. Lessons are a great way to practice, sharpen your skills, and learn what dances would work best for both you and your partner. But, don’t procrastinate when signing up for dance lessons. Take time to prepare for yours, so that you and your partner can be confident in your performance.
Aren’t these tips intriguing? They will certainly help you create a first dance to remember! Here at DJ Brock Weddings, as a wedding DJ in Lake Tahoe, we are happy to provide remarkable wedding entertainment for your big day. Please contact us today to begin working with your Lake Tahoe wedding DJ.
AUTHOR: Marketing Marriage
- Photo Credit: Christina Wehbe Studios